Mersing Getaway – Astrophotographyfrom
Various Dates Are Available (3 Days). Please check “Overview” for actual departure dates.
If you need a perfect reason to get away over the weekend, this is one! Follow our Photo Master Guek Peng Siong across the Causeway into Mersing (Johor), on a 3D2N photo adventure that focuses mainly on Astrophotography.
Travel in luxury in a Toyota Alphard, with like-minded photo enthusiasts in a small group departure. Peng Siong would be sharing his secrets and techniques in getting those amazing Milky Way shots, and will be assisting our esteemed participants as they set up their camera to capture those moments.
Only 6 slots are available. Minimum 4 photographers to go.
The Photo Master on trip:
Guek Peng Siong, is an engaging, knowledgeable and approachable instructor whose consummate photography skills is demonstrated via his versatility different genres of photography. Known affectionately as the “Astro Man”, Peng Siong is one of the few masters in the field of Astrophotography. The unique skill and passion in the constellations have brought him to various places in the region to do astrophotography, and he takes the opportunity to lead enthusiastic participants to share his vision.
An active photography mentor, he also finds time to serve as Vice-Chairman of the SAFRA Photo Club, and mentors the New Media Team of Toa Payoh East Community Centre.
Every trip has a maximum of 6 seats available. Minimum 4 to travel.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
- Small group departure in a luxury MPV vehicle. Ensures maximum attention and comfort.
- Travel with a astrophotography guru who will be on hand to provide instructions on how to capture star trails and the Milky Way.
- Short, over the weekend tours (no application of work leave required)
- A complimentary post-processing course would be arranged for participants (date to be arranged and confirmed with photo master)
Dates available for this tour:
- 27th to 29th March 2020 (FULL)
- 17th to 19th April 2020
- 22nd to 24th April 2020 (Weekdays)
- 1st to 3rd May 2020 (FULL)
- 12th to 14 June 2020
- 26th to 28th June 2020
Please note that a minimum of 4 participants is required for each date to proceed. When booking, kindly indicate the date when you are interested to join.
If you have any questions in regards to this trip, please use the following form to contact us:
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary above
- Transport (return) from a meetup point in Singapore, to Mersing and back.
- Toll & fuel charges
- Services and guidance of a Professional Photographer cum Tour Leader from Singapore
- All scheduled activities
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance;
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- Meals as not included in the itinerary
- Visa fees where relevant
- Comprehensive personal travel insurance
- Tips for tour leader, drivers and staff
- Optional – Single room supplement (S$80)
- All Other Services not mentioned above
– Meet at designated pickup point in Singapore
– Proceed to cross Causeway in luxury Alphard
– Check-in at lodge (basic accommodation)
– Supper (if time permits, on own expenses)
– Astrophotography (weather-permitting)
– Basic Breakfast in lodge
– Proceed to Mersing Town for some photography & lunch (on own expenses)
– Rest & Relax till sunset
– Sunset photo opportunities
– Dinner in Mersing Town (on own expenses)
– Astrophotography (weather permitting)
– Basic Breakfast in lodge
– Check-out by 11am
– Proceed to Kota Tinggi for some photography & lunch (own expenses)
– Depart for Singapore in mid afternoon
Kindly note the following:
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to proceed.
- There will only be a maximum of 6 participants for each trip.
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner) would be at own expenses.
- Accommodation for this trip would be at a lodge, resort or hotel with clean but basic amenities. This is due to the proximity of shooting location.
- Single room Supplement is available at S$80.
- Meeting place for Singapore would be advised once trip is confirmed.
Only breakfasts are covered for this package. Any other meals would be at individual expenses.