BALI Galungan Festival 4D3Nfrom
This is a specially-crafted experience that packs a lot of opportunities for the photographer. Landscape, culture, street, portraits and of course the Galungan Festival are just some of the photo opportunities that is specially catered for the budding shutterbug.
Blessed with clear seas, beautiful beaches, forested volcanic mountains, and virgin jungle makes this nation a paradise on earth. Bali enchants with its dramatic dances and colourful ceremonies, its arts and crafts, and its intricately carved temples.
Galungan is one of the most beautiful holidays in Bali, a celebration of victory between good over evil. Streets get enormously rich with decorations and villagers wear beautiful ceremonial clothes as they gather on the streets. The main street decoration for Galungan are Penjors – bamboo poles weighed down by offerings suspended at the end. These can be seen by the side of roads in every Balinese village. Temple ceremonies are elaborated, with various rituals and festivities concentrated in their temples.
12 spots are available. Minimum 8 to travel.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
- Visit traditional village and immerse in their festival preparation
- Photograph the world-renowned Galungan Festival and Temple Ceremonies that follow thereafter
- Excursion to the Sidemen region to experience authentic Bali
- Photograph rice farmers working at the rice terraces with awesome backdrop
- Visit ancient and iconic Hindu temples in Bali
- Off-the-beaten photo opportunities with local villagers
If you have any questions in regards to this trip, please use the following form to contact us:
[wpforms id=”6012″ title=”true”]
- Accommodation inclusions as per the itinerary above
- English-speaking Local Guide/Driver
- Professional Photographer cum Tour Leader from Singapore
- All ground transport and tours as mentioned above
- All meals other than specifically indicated
- All National Park, Admission and Conservation Fees
- All scheduled activities
- The current Indonesia Tourism Levies and all relevant Government Taxes
- International air-tickets (return)
- Meals not indicated in the above itinerary
- Items and expenses of a personal nature
- Personal expenses: meals, drinks, telephone calls, room service, laundry, etc.
- Drinks, entrance fees, portage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above
- Cancellation, baggage or medical insurance;
- Any new and sudden increase of Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control;
- Optional tours not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Visa fees where relevant
- Comprehensive personal travel insurance
- Tips for tour leader, driver and staff on tours
- All Other Services not mentioned above
Day 1 (D)
14th Sept 2020
- Welcome and assistance at Denpasar Airport. Transfer to the hotel.
- We will directly proceed to Kedonganan village for a photo shoot on fisherman and the fish market.
- In the late afternoon we will take you to Tegal Wangi beach for landscape shoot
- Dinner will be at Laota Tuban.
- Evening proceed to your hotel, check in and free at leisure.
Day 2 (B, L)
15th Sept 2020
- Very early in the morning we have a short walk for sunrise photo shoot at Karang Beach, there is also a chance to shoot with fisherman as a model. Return to hotel for breakfast and refreshing yourselves.
- We will continue to visit the biggest river in Bali, Tukad Unda for photography.
- Return to hotel and in the late afternoon until evening we will be in Badung market for street and human interest shoot.
- Dinner at own expenses
Day 3 (B, L)
16th Sept 2020
- Today will out be full for cultural shoot after breakfast.
- Early in the morning we will visit Penglipuran Village. Continue to Kehen temple and afterwards to the mother temple Besakih.
- After lunch, you will head to another traditional village to witness the Galungan Festival processions and ceremonies.
- In the late afternoon you will have a chance to shoot for sunset from the hotel
- Dinner at own expenses
- Evening at leisure
Day 4 (B)
17th Sept 2020
- Very early in the morning we will drive you to the rice terraces of Tenganan for a possible shoot on sunrise with Mt Agung as a back drop, we will also explore the area for possibly human interest photography
- Return to hotel for refreshing and depart to the airport for your flight back home
- International Departure
- End of services
Yes, there is. Please take note of the following:
While it is our intention to adhere to the route described below, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to our style of travel and the regions we visit, travel can be unpredictable. The Trip Details document is a general guide to the tour and region and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered. Aboard expedition trips visits to research stations depend on final permission. Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.