Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp
Grumeti, Western Serengeti, Tanzania
A wild and remote experience in the midst of ample resident game, the luxurious Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp is ideally situated on the banks of a tributary of the Grumeti River, and enjoys a prime position near one of the most famous fording points of the wildebeest migration.
Rustic yet sophisticated, the tents combine hues of wildebeest grey with accents of natural stone and bone, as well as bleached cypress. Whimsical interiors provide quirky touches that emphasise the natural beauty of the setting. Glamourous Camping, otherwise known as “glamping”, is probably best experienced here.
- Luxury safari camping located in private campsites
- Two camps with 9 luxurious ensuite tents each
- Hot bucket showers and flush toilets
- Family friendly, with family tent available
Rates (in US Dollars) inclusive of all applicable taxes unless otherwise specified.
Price (All-inclusive, full board)
Rates from USD595
Ensuite Safari Tent
Shaded private decks that look out onto the Grumeti River and its resident hippo. Stone shower towers are open to the sun and stars.
Enquire for availability and best rates
Ensuite Family Tent
Two of the tents cater for families travelling together and are connected by an enclosed walkway that allows easy access between the tents while maintaining complete privacy.
Enquire for availability and best rates
Rate is based on full-board, per person/sharing. Includes twice-daily with expert ranger.
What You Can Expect
The most luxurious camp in the Western Serengeti, &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp is inspired by Tanzania’s annual Great Migration. A wild and remote experience in the midst of ample resident game, it is ideally situated on the banks of a tributary of the Grumeti River and enjoys a prime position near one of the most famous fording points of the wildebeest migration.
The camp lends itself to group and family travel in the form of two spacious tents that make up a family suite. The family suite is connected by an enclosed walkway, which allows easy access between the tents while maintaining complete privacy. Each tent has its own ensuite bathroom and a private veranda. The family suite can accommodate two adults and two children (three children can be provided for on special request).
Children visiting the lodge can take advantage of the fun-filled and interactive WILDChild programme that offers various activities such as tracking animal footprints with a guide, joining a mouth-watering pizza party, bead work, making a fire the Maasai way, playing volleyball with the staff and for older children, spear throwing or shooting bows and arrows.
[show_more more=”More Information” less=”Hide”]All ten of the tented suites feature shaded private decks that look out onto the Grumeti River and its resident hippo. Stone shower towers are open to the sun and stars. Two of the tents cater for families travelling together and are connected by an enclosed walkway that allows easy access between the tents while maintaining complete privacy.
Healthy and colourful meals can be enjoyed on an extensive deck with beautiful views of the river. The dining area opens up to a traditional African boma, where dinner is served beneath a billion stars as traditional jikos (fires) and outdoor ovens produce
mouth-watering aromas. Intimate guest areas include open-fronted sitting and dining areas, as well as a domed bar, all adorned with beaded artifacts.
The spacious decks are perfect for enjoying sundowners overlooking the water and the camp’s rim-flow swimming pool provides a view of the hippos lazing in the river.
• Twice daily game drives
• A number of airlines offer daily scheduled flights from Arusha to Grumeti Airstrip, followed by a five to ten-minute drive to the camp.
Things To Note
• There is excellent game viewing throughout the year. However, the best time to see the Great Migration at Grumeti is June and July
• A family camp is available subjected to confirmation.
• Camps are situated in malaria areas and precautions should be taken; tents are fully netted and
• Limited laundry service is provided and is dependent on weather conditions.
• Rates for ensuite safari tents are based on per person per night basis, while the rates for the two ensuite safari tents are based on per tent basis.
• Please note that with prior notice we are able to arrange for a generator to provide 24-hour electricity for guests with special medical requirements.
• Please note that US dollar bills printed between 1996 and 1999 are not accepted in Kenya or Tanzania, as there was a large amount of illegal processing of dollar bills in East Africa during that time.
• Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp is closed from 1st April to 30 April every year.
The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests to be extremely vigilant at all times. Guests must be accompanied by staff when walking around the lodge at night.[/show_more]